Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Carnival of Aces 2: Round-Up Post

Many thanks for all your submissions to the second round of Carnival of Aces. I'm sure you'll find a lot of interesting reading material among these posts. This months's theme was the intersection between asexuality and race, ethnicity, culture, or nationality. And we ended up with posts covering all of these topics.

Important Note! If you're now thinking, "Damn, I wish I'd submitted a post", then you're in luck. It isn't too late. I'll still host guest posts and update this list as I receive more posts. Just comment here, or e-mail me (sanfranciscoemily[at]gmail[dot]com) to alert me to your post or to send me a guest post. This will continue as long as there is interest.

The next round of the carnival will be hosted at Skeptic's Play, and the due date for posts will be July 1st.



[Image: A carnival snack to keep you going.]

The posts:

1. Carmilla DeWinter muses on the state of the German asexual community.

2. KJ talks about her experience as an asexual in white, Southern, Christian culture.

3. Siggy explores some of the issues facing queer Asians.

4. Not everyone "...has an easily-defined racial identity", writes Teafeather.

5. Kaz, who is German, writes about the difficulty in expressing asexual concepts with zer native language.

6. Asian men aren't sexual? Phaseolus discusses Asian stereotypes and how they influenced his self-identity.

7. "I'm dating a girl, and I can't tell my church." Sophia writes about the Mennonite culture.

8. The asexual movement needs more racial diversity. Will a largely white group continue to perpetuate more of the same? I discuss this catch-22.

9. Isaac writes about some of the differences between AVEN and AVENes, the Spanish-speaking asexual community.

10. Eli has faced elitism and misunderstanding from people in the black community. By discovering asexuality, she found a place to fit in.

No comments: